Monday, December 15, 2014

Unique Ways To Generate Leads In Any Business

Over the years I have run many websites. When I first got started I struggled greatly with bringing in leads to each of my sites I wanted people to visit. These included in range from eBay auctions, affiliate programs, websites I built, materials I wanted to sell and blogs.
I locked myself up with something called paralysis of analysis. Many ways to overcome this barrier to meet it straight on and make mistakes. I made a ton of mistakes along the way. I spent thousands upon thousands trying to figure out exactly what I was supposed to be doing. I picked up books on marketing, social media and watched many video on places like YouTube.
I am finally to a point where I am able to generate leads in various methods. They will go to where I send them and they tend to be very targeted for the niche. That is the beautiful thing about some of these techniques is that you can use them for almost any industry.
Let me start with the most obvious field. Social media is a must in this society of technology. Every business can interact with social media using various methods. One is to go post in different groups that are dedicated to that niche or industry. Respond to topics that people discuss on different forums. Become an authority in that area you are choosing. If you run into a situation where you can't find a group about your subject on a specific social media it will be time for you to become that authority.
When you first open a group or section of the social media dedicated to your niche just post information for a while. After some time when you have built enough followers the next step is to post some form of advertisement that you work in that niche and this is where they can go check out what you do.
Local marketing has become an out dated model. It is nice for a ground business but because most of what I talk about is online I will show you how to use local marketing to attract people to your website. I was driving around a while ago and saw a sign stating that they would help build a website starting at $700. My jaw dropped when I saw this. To this day the guy keeps putting signs up so I know they are actually making sales.
Okay so that is with something called bandit signs. They are those signs you see at corners or at lights. They normally have a phone number but more and more are having website addresses for people to go check out. Perfect for a person who is just starting or in need of more work.
Never forget the power of a flier. I know this is crazy simple but in all actuality it works. Don't just put them on cars or buildings though. Put them in high traffic areas preferably what your target market might see. This could be a sign in a grocery store, at a sporting event, at a college or even at a car wash. It really all depends on what your target market is.
Here is a more unique way to attract more visitors to your business. Hold meetings that have a specific purpose in your niche. You can make meetings happen almost anywhere even in public venues like coffee shops and bars if you are more of the drinking type. Figure out something to talk about and host a meeting weekly or monthly.
Toastmasters is a great place to practice speaking if you are not fluent yet. They are all over the place here in the US but generally there are speaking groups all over the place. Find one on ads either in a place like Craigslist, Meetup or check the companies websites. This is also a great place to network with people which may help your business. Remember that we are built upon the shoulders of giants.
Free local ad venues can sometimes be found. If it is a certain kind of ad a lot of times the companies do not charge of local papers, especially local papers online. They are struggling with keeping up with the Jones' and would be glad to have your business in any way, shape or form.
Yet another way bring in more customers would be to have articles written in different online databases or press releases. I would avoid trying to pay a whole lot into this as this is more about getting your name out there and circulated. Press releases I would have done for websites that help people to succeed in various areas of their life.
These are just a few of many ways that can be one best way to find leads for almost any business.